Kentucky Highlands Freight Enhancement Revolving Loan Fund
The Kentucky Highlands Freight Enhancement Revolving Loan Fund was designed to provide a financial stimulus to the transportation industry in Southeastern Kentucky by way of providing affordable financing for equipment purchases or working capital provisions. Ideally, the implementation of the Fund will lead to a more competitive industry within the region as well as an increase in the efficiency of the transportation industry overall.
Loans and technical assistance are limited to only those operating in KHIC’s service area. This is a 22-county region comprised of Bell, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Estill, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Madison, McCreary, Owsley, Perry, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne, and Whitley.
Businesses engaged in gambling, speculative lending or investing, pyramid sales, or floor planning are not eligible for the program.
Other minimum requirements:
- Applicant must be of legal age to enter into contracts (currently 18+ in the state of Kentucky)
- Business must be located in the KHIC Service Area defined above
- Eligible business types: Industrial, Service, Commercial
- Applicant’s personal credit rating will be factored into the loan decision
- Applicant must be the business owner or a senior partner in the business