Small Business Loans
Small Business Loans are perhaps the most utilized financing solution that we offer at KHIC. As our most dynamic product it has no restrictions in terms of usage of funds – whether you’re seeking to expand in a physical capacity with the purchase and/or construction of fixed assets (e.g. – land, building, or equipment), or perhaps your business just needs some additional working capital injected to accommodate the evolution of your company’s success!
Loans and technical assistance are limited to only those operating in KHIC’s service area. This is a 22-county region comprised of Bell, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Estill, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Madison, McCreary, Owsley, Perry, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne, and Whitley.
Eligible activities include business expansions or start-ups with the exception of coal, agricultural production, or tourism related projects.
Other minimum requirements:
- Applicant must be of legal age to enter into contracts (currently 18+ in the state of Kentucky)
- Business must be located in the KHIC Service Area defined above
- Eligible business types: Industrial, Service, Commercial
- Applicant’s personal credit rating will be factored into the loan decision
- Applicant must be the business owner or a senior partner in the business